Saturday, March 22, 2014

Aaaaaand Breathe

Okay, I am not about to believe that our story has you on the edge of your seats, nor am I under the presumption that you'd all like a play-by-play, but since we had such a huge response to our last few posts, I thought it only fair to update you on the happenings around here.

But before I get to that, something of great importance must be addressed.

I am very aware that in the photo I posted of us drinking our Bailey's, some of you may have taken issue.  I realize that most of our readers are a little more on the conservative side of things, and so I just had to speak towards the specific issue at hand. My hair. I know. Really now. I took the picture and said to myself, "Wow, I really look like Kramer."



There is a good reason for this. One of which is my recent foray into allowing Ryan to get creative with my hair. In trying to save a little money, I said, "What the heck? Shave the sides!" and neglected to deal with the top, and what happens when I neglect the top? Well, it gets really thick and wild up top, leading to the Kramer look. 

So tonight I took some wee tiny nail scissors and did a little artistic sculpting of my own. I don't think I did too badly....

A little wild still, which I like, and yet a little less bushy and thick. And look how happy Ryan is! 

And now that we've dealt with the elephant in the room, we can get to the house stuff.

SOOOOO it's not as bad as it sounded when we first heard. We had a builder come through today and he laid out just what the problems were. There is no mould. There is rot, but it's not a whole lot and not something to panic about. We have a plan to deal with it and thanks to the lovely care of some good friends and family, are feeling very well loved in the process.

So, we forge on and take this thing by the bal....loony-pants, and sell this place!!

XOXO
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment